Friday, April 29, 2011

Flink12

            I never really thought my blogs for this class would go beyond the eyes of my classmates, professor, guest speakers, and well, my parents (but only because I wanted to prove to them I was actually ‘blogging’). I was wrong.  Brenda McEwan, a representative for Flink12, contacted me a couple weeks ago because she stumbled upon my Blog! Whoa, this goes to show, if it’s out there, and if its public, it can be found!
McEwan suggested that I take a look at Flink12, a brand new, Playful, easy, private sharing social media site that encourages its users to Focus on the people who are the most important in their life. Flink12 is a new and completely different social network that encourages private sharing in small groups. It is not like every other larger social networking site because it prioritizes the serious issues around privacy, security, and a dilution of the meaning of "friends," first and foremost. Flink12 is the first of its kind to focus solely on the connections that are the most important in your life in a simple and fun way.
A few weeks ago, I touched on the concept of ‘over-sharing’ in our social media lives and how I think it is important that we think twice and be careful about what we are making public about out private lives. McEwan found my ideas to be very similar to the founding reasons for Flink12! So, I encourage you all to take a look at it too- you never know, this could be the next “big thing,” and you could be one of the first to know about it. She included the link to a micro-site that has more info, images, videos, banners and more: http://flink12news.com... Check it out!
The reason why I am now blogging about this, is because I believe this is an effective and appropriate use of social media and networking. I applaud the Flink12 team for really appealing to the route of the social networking overload. McEwan and Flink12 are strategic and appropriately affective in their drive to encourage the importance of privacy, in this increasingly public world!
Brenda McEwan gave me permission to post her contact information if any of you would like to contact her to learn more about Flink12!
Brenda McEwan
Flink12.com
facebook.com/Flink12
twitter.com/Flink12

Best of luck to you all at Flink12!

No comments:

Post a Comment